Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Cat and Cauldron

The Cat and Cauldron is an online store featuring "The Magical Art of Thalia Took." Appealing to all those who might honor the goddesses and gods of present day, past and obscurity, The Cat and Cauldron brings the delightful artwork of Thalia to the mundane world of T-shirts, mugs, baby-wear, and other gifts. While I may make that sound ordinary, the unexpectedly masterful artwork of Thalia is really something to be proud to display. Her store has been in operation for 5 years and self describes like this:
Here you can find a variety of Goddess, Tarot, and other Pagan designs, including art from my Goddess Oracle Deck as well as other God, Tarot, and Goddess art on a variety of products including prints, posters, tile boxes, greeting and postcard sets, pillows, and about a zillion different kinds of t-shirt.
But, although the store makes gift-giving a cinch with organic shirts, cool mugs, practically every goddess you can think of, mousepads, etc...you have access to another very cool site featuring Thalia's artwork. A-Muse-ing Grace Gallery showcases Thalia's artwork, but also features an Obscure Goddess online directory and a new blog called Amused Grace.

Want to know more of Thalia beyond her two sites? Check out this interview I found. Here's an excerpt:
My advice for the whole entire world? As if they'd listen, but I'd say: Stop. Look around you. Get out of yourself; get outside of what you're used to doing, and look. If you really look at world and the way things are done, you will sooner or later see the tragic absurdity of so very much of it. When you can see that, you can stop contributing to it. And then you can actually do something beneficial.
My Experience:
Thalia Took is a purist when it comes to her artwork, but because I live in a town of artists, I tend to think that just means she's highly talented.
I have found that I absolutely
have to be inspired to create my art;
I think this makes it more likely to be a
true face of the Divine.
Since I haven't actually seen her work up close, I can only marvel at the online versions of her artwork.

Specifics:
  1. Store- The Cat and Cauldron
  2. Price- Variable depending on the product
  3. Website-http://www.cafepress.com/catncauldron
  4. Email- thalia@thaliatook.com
  5. On the Map-New England

2 comments:

Yuri Romanov said...

I love the fact that you are not here to sell anything. You just want to give out good information about astrology, horoscopes, psychic readings and other spirit related matters. Which is why I think this blog is so cool.

Anonymous said...

I like what you have to say in spiritual market reviews. Your psychic readingadvice is spot on for callers and online seekers.